KOMIX #159

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Aug 27 08:42:12 CEST 2001

Here's what's in the September issue of Komix:

* Cover by Michael Nadorp. I've put a scan in
  http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis/pics/komix159.jpg
* A two-page letters column, in which they fail to answer the question
  "Sergio Aragones in _Komix_! What's this, then?" which was posed by
  a reader.
* A two-page article with "the news of Komix". Most notable items re
  the death of Morris (the artist who drew Lucky Luke), and the square
  watermellons that someone had mentioned to this list a while back.
* Marco Rota's "La Palla Misteriosa" (J-292-A).
* Bark's "Mocking Bird Ridge" from WDC&S #215.
* A two-page article titled "three artists go to the circus", subtitled
  "Carl Barks, Don Rosa, Sergio Aragones". Yeah sure, just because
  Barks and Rosa, who have written about all sorts of subjects, have
  happened to write *one* story each that takes place in a circus (only
  partly in Don's case), there is a strong connection between them and
  Aragones, justifying using up so much space for non-Disney material!
  [Yes, I am bitter about this, as I have to pay more to read less of
  the stuff for which I'm buying Komix.]
* Two pages of advertisments about Harry Potter trading cards, one of
  which is thinly disguised as an article about said cards. [Is Harry
  Potter a Disney property, in which case this article is the usual
  homage to the Dark Empire, or should I stop being merely bitter and
  become furious?]
* Part two of Sergio Aragones and Mark Evanier's "Space Circus". :(

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"One good solid hope's worth a cartload of certainties!"
-----