Quagmire / Family Tree / Watch

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:57:46 CEST 2001

Don Rosa:
>The story states that Quagmire was $crooge's "great uncle" -- this
>means his grandfather's brother.
>However, nowhere in the "Heirloom Watch" story is it stated that
>Quagmire is wealthy. Quite the contrary -- all $crooge recalls of
>him is that he never spent any money, and he (rather illogically?)
>*hopes* that he was rich. But it's ultimately demonstrated
>that he was poor since his entire estate consisted of one tiny
>unexpensive ruby chip.

Good point. I will take him back. It's been a while since I read the story,
but I recalled Quagmire to be very rich... By the way, do we know who was
the first owner of the watch? Was it Quagmire? Or was he just one of the
owners in the line?

>So, if you do a Family Tree, it will be nice to see Fethry
>eliminated... but if you don't have Quagmire McDuck as the
>brother of $crooge's grandfather, it will be not be correct
>(if you want it to agree with "Barksian facts").

The reasons I will do a Family tree:
1) To eliminate Fethry
2) To get it in Norwegian
3) Because the Don Rosa family tree is too big. I need a tree that can fit
into the width of the screen and still be able to read.

But the family tree will contain the same information as the Don Rosa tree,
exept that I removed Fethry. (or, as they say in Kentucky; eliminated) I
thought about including Ludwig (as a date of Matilda, not neccessarrily...
<-- I hate that word... her husband), but after some thinking, I discover
that I have the same relation to Ludwig as I have to Fethry. I don't really
like him, and he was never used by Barks. He is almost never in ANY stories!
I also will remove the ancestors of Scrooge / Humperdink - not because I
don't accept them, but because it's not room enough for them. But they will
be described on my page, just not in the family tree...

I could have written more, but I'm out of time...