DCML digest, Vol 1 #400 - 7 msgs

Kevin Clark magicianzero at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:31:11 CET 2001

>From: teemu.merikumpu at suomi24.fi
>To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
>Subject: RE: DCML digest, Vol 1 #400 - 7 msgs
>Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:41:55 -2200
>
>Hello all,
>I seem to remember reading a poem on this mailinglist written by Barks some
>time ago. As I understood it he spoke of friendship, tolerance, trust and
>peace.

I didn't see that poem.  I wish I had.  But I somehow doubt Unca Carl
would've advocated Peace At Any Cost.

I haven't really seen anyone picking nits about writing -- just demanding
that people's writing be sufficiently literate so as to be understood.  Do
you really think it dishonors Barks' memory to say that a badly-designed
webpage (whose author shows no interest in learning HTML) is badly-designed?
  There is a distinction between tolerance and silence about substandard
work.  We've had instances of Disney-artist-bashing, and if they aren't
sacrosanct on this list, why should a mere webpage be above reproach?

>It's nice to see that this mailinglist is a friendly place where the only
>requirement is an honest interest in disney comics (no degree in oxford
>english etc.)

Wall, Ah dunno if'n Ah agrees witchou, butchou got one parnt -- we don' need
no fancy book-larnin' aroun' heah!