More creators and some answers?!?!?

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Mon Jan 8 17:23:18 CET 2001

Harry:

> .Janet Gilbert
> .Mark Evanier

I don't think they are a member of DCML. They do have e-mail, though. And if
you include Janet Gilbert, you also may include her husband, Michael T.
Gilbert.

Hum...I get this information on:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/creators/mark-evanier.html
and:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/creators/mark-evanier.html

So, the last list, using Harry's and Rob's info:

.Shaun Crail - wrote stories for Egmont

. Robert Klein - wrote stories and drew storyboard sketches and magazine
 cover sketches for VNU/Geeilustreerde Pers/Oberon and Egmont/Gutenberghus
(he also plans to submit stories to Disney Italia in future)

.Cesar Ferioli (drawer of Duck and Mice to Egmont) The GREAT Ferioli?!?!

.Byron Erickson (he was on DCML, but he probably left)

.Jos Beekman (?)

.Kari Korhonen (?)

.Daniël van Eijmeren (co-wrote a story) Yes, I know that I'm forgeting it!

.Michael T.Gilbert (?)

.Blasco Pisapia

.Gianfranco Goria

.Leonardo Gori (wrote a "part" of a Mickey story) What story?

.Francesco Artibani

.Arthur Faria Jr (brazilian writter...probably one of the best of
then...more than 600 stories published, including lot's of characters and
Disney Universes)

.David Gerstein[writter for Egmont and Gladstone(?)]

.Dave Rawson (writer for Egmont)

.Don Rosa(writer and drawer...you know he! :)

.Donald Markstein (writer)

.Fernando Ventura (work for the NW Studios. New Writer and Drawer of Carioca
stories. Also do few Mickey and Donald script and draw(not yet published).
Most histories writted on the begin with Markus Corrêa.)

.Gary Leach

.Janet Gilbert(?)

.John Lustig

.Luca Boschi(author of articles and books, writter to Disney Italy)

.Mark Evanier(?)

> I urge others to add to this list if they have more information.

YES! Please!

But even
> MORE important would be additional biographies of artists and writers for
> the DCML Creators File and eventually (I hope), a one-page sample of the
> artists work and photograph of both artists and writers.  In that way,
> there will be a single website that Disney Comics fans can go to to find
> out a significant amount about any creator who has been indexed and
> cross-referenced by their stories.
>
> Rob Klein

That's my idea! I think we have lot's of information about lot's of Disney
creators and we are not using it! So, it's a good idea to begin with us! (We
know something about us, right? :)
If we read the DCML archives, we will find LOT of information about many
artists...so, let's collectin it and put togheter...and what a better place
than the DCML home?

I think we have problems:

1-I don't know if some artists has contracts that say that they can't give
information about thenselves! Like Barks, on the past! (It includes me, and
I work to a Studio, so I didn't sign this  type of contract!) So, I don't
know if I can send DATA about myself to Inducks(?!?!?!?)...but I do.  :)

2-Information(not images) can be collect in any way?

3- I think it's better to don't include ANY image of examples on
DCML...because it is associated very much with the most incredible project
on Disney Comics, the Inducks! It's better to "protect" this "no-royalties"
project from a violation of copyrights! Well...I'm not sure about what I sad
now...!

4-But, I don't know...use a image into a article, is or not, a violation of
copyright? The law say to pay royalties, right?

And a no-problem, the idea of a picture of the artist is GREEEEEAAAAT!

Thank You, very much!
And Thank You, Harry, My english is terrible!

Fernando!