One more Peg-Leg in comic books!

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Mon Jan 15 20:45:02 CET 2001

Hi, all!

Concerning the recently discussed issue abot IF Pete  were ALWAYS called
"Black Pete" in the comic books, I found a sort of exception. It is the
story MM and the Hounted House, reprinted in WDC&S 578. Werll, the peg-leg
is in its cover, too. And so Pete is called. The concept and the cover
design are by our friend Bob Foster, indeeed.

But maybe that the correct answer is that the story was conceived to be
printed  as a "General Mills" Giveaway "D". So, it seems it was produced
without a "tight supervision" or editing by the Western Printing's crew.

The same is also true for the Xmas Giveaway memtioned by Dave some days ago
("Mickey's Christmas Trees" from Firestone 1946).

Ciao!

Luca