Scrooge

Kevin Clark magicianzero at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 04:23:46 CET 2001

>From: Candico86 at aol.com
>To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
>Subject: Scrooge
>Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:55:25 EST
>
>I have a few questions that again I was hoping somebody knew (if they were
>even ever answered). What happens to everyone after 1967 when Scrooge dies.
>Do we ever know the future of any of the duck characters and who gets
>Mcduck
>industries.

It's pretty much been established that HD&L are the heirs to their
grand-unca's fortune.

>  Also, if Scrooge and Goldie loved each other so much, then why
>did they leave each other?

Scrooge and Goldie were both incredibly powerful personalities.  Can you
imagine the domestic disputes?

Seriously, though, I suspect they were both too busy minding their
respective careers to get too involved in romance -- Scrooge especially.  He
may have loved Goldie, but he was already married to his money.  I think the
chemistry works much better if they're merely old flames.

>  Also, how did Flimhear Glomgold and Scrooge  meet
>for the first time?  Besides the story where we first meet Glomgold in the
>second richest duck, do we ever hear of Flimheart again like in Scrooge's
>past or in another story?

According to _The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck_, Scrooge first met
Glomgold back when Flinty was (to quote Don Rosa) "a particularly nasty
young Afrikaner".

Cheers,
Kevin Clark