Nils Lid Hjort: Ludwig Von Drake!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Fri Jan 26 21:44:39 CET 2001

>So Ludwig vD is "dead" in Egmont Europe, but not necessarily
>in other empires. I understand he is fairly often seen and used
>in South America, in particular Brazil?

>I was recently made aware of a 46-page story about the history
>of computers,
 >Walt Disney apresenta a historia do Computadoa ,
>published in Brazil (?), featuring still-alive Ludwig vD on the cover
>as well as in the story. -- Can anyone provide more accurate
>information? Can one buy this magazine, somehow?

I don't have this magazine, either...in fact I need to use then as a base of
my graduation work, on College! But I read it! It's a old comic, from 1984,
I think, but Ludwig is very used on Brazil! And in Italy he is very much
used too! There are some Carioca histories that Ludwig appear! Durign the
80's he is very much used as a introductor of many special histories...!
Very good character! I hope to writte a Ludwig historie one day!

But, in Brazil, I don't think we can not USE some characters! In fact, we
have some "limitations"...for example, we need to use the "t-shirt and cap"
visual of Zé Carioca, and not more the "origina look", from the movies...and
since the "Disney Teen(Os Adolescentes) are created, usign the Aracuan bird
and Paperetta Ye Ye(Dickie Duck-Pata Lee), we can not use then togheter with
the Duck Universe, and they live on Duckburg(fact from Arthur Faria Jr)!!!

Usually, the production of histories with characters on Brazil, depends on
WHAT we are producign! Some years ago, Abril just created CARIOCA histories,
so, very few Mickey and Donald are used!
On last year, there are many Carioca, Duck and Mice brazilian
histories...but any with the Disney Teen! I, also, love to do a storie with
then on the future!

I hope this help with your question...but I speaked about other thinks, in
any way! ;)

Fernando!