WCs

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Jan 31 14:41:14 CET 2001

Then maybe you (or anyone) can also confirm my theory why the British call a
toilet a "loo":
"Water Closet" was euphemised to "Waterloo" (the place where Napoleon lost a
battle, and also the name of a big London train station), and "Waterloo" was
then shortened to "loo". Does that make sense?

I guess Americans also won't understand the joke "The more you drink, the
more WC"?

To get this mail on-topic: I just read Rosa's "Attaaaack" again, and he
clearly shows toilets in the money bin there.

--Harry.