DCML digest #597

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Jul 7 13:12:46 CEST 2001

From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
>>>When exactly is that Luxemburg convention?

It's on Friday-Sunday, July 13-15... next weekend. Uh... perhaps it's only
the 14th & 15th... but I'll be there doing promotional stuff on the 13th.
The convention takes over the entire village of Contern outside Luxembourg
City.

From: Ola Martinsson
>>>Hi Don !
About one and a half year ago you wrote this on this mail list.
**************
when the Finns reprint the Kalevala story in their AKU ANKKA weekly
next year... and, another note -- at that time I will *add pages* to the
33 page story to flesh out the parts that I unavoidably had to truncate to
fit into that page-count. I estimate it will end up at just below 40 pages.)
**************
Was this ever done ? I can't remember hearing about it since.

NO! It was not! Sorry! And the story is *now* appearing in the Finnish
weekly (previously it had only appeared in that expensive hardback there). I
fully intended to add pages to that story once they told me that they were
going to reprint the story in the weekly, but they put it on their schedule
without telling me, and when I finally heard about it it was too late for
additions. But I see I exaggerated or lost count when I said I would make
the story just short of 40 pages in length... I would not have added more
than 2 or 3 pages. The additions would have just been a few pages of
slapstick hijinx while the Ducks searched for evidence of the "Misty
Headland". As it is, they find it much too quickly even though it says it
takes them "many weeks".

By the way, in reading that last Digest, I noticed I misspelled the name of
the wilderness area I canoed through -- it is Quetico (Provincial Park)
Boundary Waters Wilderness... not "Quentico".