Death in Disney comics

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Tue Jul 31 15:19:00 CEST 2001

Petri wrote, regarding "Topolino e i fantasmi neri" (I TL 466-B):
> How many pages are there explaning uncles' deaths? In Finnish edition it
is
> three pages long and goes something like this: [...]

I'll be more precise tonight (and I'll also provide scans to Petri, for him
to put them on the net), but I seem to remember the scene takes just a few
panels in the original version.

> Well, this brilliant show of logic and rationality has always left me
quite
> disturbed. Hope you enjoyed it!

Yep! Now the question is: were the additional pages drawn by Perego for the
Italian reprint in "Topomistery" #27 ? All the other known reprints have
been already checked, either by Eta or by myself...
The Inducks currently reports that the TM 27 reprint (which came out in
1994) is 40 pages long, exactly like the original version - which seems to
imply that no addition was made (maybe Marco Barlotti can verify?). It seems
strange, though, that the Finnish editors had an Italian artist perform such
a modification... BTW, Petri, could you tell us in which Finnish edition
you've read the modified story?

Ciao,
Armando