DCML digest, Vol 1 #559 - 15 msgs

JALustig@aol.com JALustig at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 19:29:26 CEST 2001

In a message dated 6/9/01 2:19:53 AM, dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

<< I am looking for copies of the 3 Barks "Tom and Jerry"
scripts. I think at least one of them was drawn by
Carl Buettner. We might publish a second (very small)
volume of the Barks Bear Book, this time with a much
better quality with the 3 Tom & Jerry stories that
were missing in the first edition, but need better
reproduction than what we have.

Henri:

Can you tell us which issues of which comics those Tom & Jerry stories
appeared in? I'm curious. And if someone locates a copy do you need for your
book? Making these stories available to fandom would be great.

By the way, I can't say that I agree with the idea that the Barks paintings
are of no or little importance. Personally, I enjoy most of them. They are
much more impressive if you see the originals rather than the reproductions.

I do agree, however, that they pale in comparison to the importance of his
comic book work. The paintings are merely a pleasant extension of Carl's
talent. I consider them a bonus. The stories are what matter to me.

John Lustig
Creator of Last Kiss
jalustig at aol.com
temporary web site:  http://www.geocities.com/lastkisscomics