Kind of off topic, but maybe not

Shelley Hanson/KlezmerAllThatJazz klezmerallthatjazz at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 10 08:20:33 CEST 2001

Because the subject has been broached in the context of Don's "historical"
works, those who are interested in a spectacular example of creativity might
want to check out Philip Jose Farmer's classic, "The Other Log of Phileas
Fogg."  Farmer constructs a novel which uses as its basis "Around the World
in 80 Days" -- he faithfully reports events as shown in the original, but
with a completely different interpretation as to what is really happening,
and why. To say any more would ruin it -- but though it's been many years
since I read it, I still remember it as a work of genius. And tremendous
creativity.