Starting families in Kentucky

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 14 21:59:19 CEST 2001

DON ROSA WROTE IN RESPONSE TO OLAF:

> babies even YOUNGER than 20 years old...
>
> You can't?! I can! Remember, I live in rural Kentucky! Hereabouts, 20
years
> old would be a *late* age to be having babies... at least with your first
> cousin. That'd be more like the babies with your second cousin or younger
> sibling.

AND I REPLY:

Yes, that's a consistent stereotype that pops up when we visit folks far
removed from Kentucky.  My wife and I were staying with friends in British
Columbia, Canada, when a friend jokingly told another person at a party that
Kim and I got married when we were 15.  Picking up on the gag, I added:
"That's right, we decided to wait."