DCML digest #572

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Jun 15 12:26:10 CEST 2001

From: "Olaf Solstrand" <harryklein at hotmail.com>
>>>On an old Don Rosa interview published at www.donald.no, Don Rosa said
that
he had plans on writing a story presenting the father of Huey, Dewey and
Louie, and that this would be printed... I think it was 2002 or 2003 it
said. I'm just excited; Don, will you write this story, or have you given
it
up/forgot it?

I've planned on *trying* to do this story ever since I first suggested it
(and was rejected) to Gladstone in 1988. I'll hope I can do it until I *do*
do it... but I'm not sure when. The problem is that there's no possible
happy ending, not that I have thus far been able to figure out.
Ending 1: HD&L seek their parents and find them, and go to live with them
rather than Unca Donald? No.
Ending B: HD&L seek their parents and find them, and DON'T go to live with
them? No, that's sad.
Ending III: HD&L seek their parents and find out they're dead?! Nonono!
Ending four: HD&L seek their parents and don't find them. Eh. Wuzza point?
So, once I figure out that 5th possible ending, I'll go full steam ahead.
Well, I've had one idea in my head for 10 years now... but it's a bit
contrived and I'm not sure I like it. There's probably a better notion
floatin' around out there...