Kentucky and Van Horn in ZP

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Sun Jun 17 03:38:15 CEST 2001

Anders said.......
>>Olaf, you probably didn't mean to say so, but from what I read it seams
>>you think Kentuckians (?)
>>are very wild and living as people did in Europe in the middle age,
>>maybe.

Oh we are every bit as wild!  You have no idea the things that go on
here! :-)  No, seriously Anders, while there *are* people that live up to
the Kentucky stereotype, my next door neighbors for example, the vast
majority of Kentuckians act like most other US residents.  I'm 22 and
have never been married and have no children, which like most of the
world, isn't unusual at all.

Then Francesco said.....
>>Little to say about the rest, I don't like Van Horn's art at all (while
the
>>story was nice), and Barks's always Barks, of course.

I was wondering what it is that you don't like about Van Horn's art.  His
early material tended to be a little sloppy, but his later stuff I think
looks wonderful.  His art has always created lots of controversy, but I
love it, and have been bugging Luca to print more of his stuff in ZP,
since I regularly get all of the issues.  So, perhaps I may be partially
to blame on the increase in Van Horn material.

I also need to reread the Three Caballeros again.  I've been reading some
Pogo lately, and I've grown to have a new appreciation for Kelly's art.

Rodney Bowcock