Le Chevalier Noir - The Black Knight and How to Read Donald Duck

Eero-Pekka Halinen e_halinen at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:13:13 CEST 2001

Hey Don, are you going to make a sequel to this great, ticklying story?

The Knight did'nt get his [quote]Grand prix[/quote] yet, and so he said:
"I'll be back!" Allthough he appeared in [quote]Attaaaaaack[quote/], but I
think that wasn't the great return of the Black Knight. By the way, does
Kertalaaki (the black stuff) cover the armour that it doesn't melt even in a
very high temperature (If you didn't plan the story THIS well, make up an
answer for me)?

Have anyone read the book "How to read Donald Duck: Imperialist Ideology in
the Disney Comic" It discovers Disneys empire and finds out that the thing
that once was thought as innocent, is a timebomb of thinking and the
emotional life. It gives quite interesting ideas, though a big part of the
book can't be taken seriously.
        The writers for example stand up for Mexico: "The Aztecland's of
course Mexico, because it's full of postcard-Mexicos prototypes: mules,
siestas, volcanos, cactuses, biiig sombreros, ponchos, serenades, machismo
and the ancient culture indians.(...) This is not the real Mexico with its
problems, but ordinary, filled with exotic characters Mexico." The book
contains a lot of these kind of sights. What I think is simple: You can't
give children (most of the comic readers) a comic full of politic attitudes.
The reading is supposed to be fun. I can't imagine Donald commenting the
president election of the U.S etc.

The ones who have read the book (if there are any), I would like to have
your opinion of it.

And don't mind of my enklaishhh, if there are a lot of slips.