DCML digest, Vol 1 #582 - 16 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri Jun 22 08:46:42 CEST 2001

ODD BJARNE POULSEN:

> People die - but never in DD comics.

I don't know about death by natural causes, but there have been cases
where actual *murder* has been shown.  E.g., there was this Taliaferro
strip, where Goofy was drowning, Donald throws him a rope, tells him
to tie it around his leg, then throws the anchor which was tied on the
other end of the rope into the water.  It was stuff like this, which
Disney did allow Gladstone to reprint, that made me wonder at Disney's
decision not to allow War of the Wendigo to be published, because they
felt it wasn't politically correct.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"It is... um... somewhat... uncomplimentary, Captain; Herbert was a minor
 official, notorious for his rigid and limited patterns of thought."
-----