DCML digest, Vol 1 #458 - 11 msgs

Becca Ridout skyrat13 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:01:31 CEST 2001

From: bhc at primenet.com
To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
Subject: Re: DCML digest, Vol 1 #458 - 11 msgs
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:16:04 -0700

Well, the 100th anniversary of Carl Barks' birth has come and gone, and I
was really hoping there would be some exciting and important announcements
to make on the Disney comics front at this time (and on a couple of other
related fronts in the bargain), butŠsighŠsuch is plainly not to be.

There were things brewing, and considerable motivation on the part of
certain parties to make them happen, but, once again, nothing could be
worked out. And though my position on the Disney comics negotiations
grapevine has kept me somewhat apprised of key events (which is a fancy way
of saying no one *officially* tells me anything), I'm as baffled by the
endless delays as most of you must be. All I know for certain is that Steve
Geppi has been wrangling this stubborn dogie for nigh over two years now,
and his determination shows no sign of flagging. In a way, I feel I can do
no less, though of course I'm free of the joys of dealing with all the
legalities.

As for CarlŠwell, I imagine he's in a very good position now to know who
means to do right by his memory and his legacy. And by their works will *we*
know them.
--
Gary