Identifying covers (Francesco Spreafico)

Alecto alecto at goulburn.net.au
Sun Oct 7 12:59:14 CEST 2001

> From: "Francesco Spreafico" <frspreaf at tin.it>
> To: "dcml" <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
> Subject: Re: Identifying covers
> Date:   Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:06:36 +0200
>
> Da: "Alecto" <alecto at goulburn.net.au>
>
> > http://www.goulburn.net.au/~alecto/No211.jpg
>
> This seems to be redrawn from W WDC 135-00 (check on Eta's site
> http://www.eega.net/covers/usa/w_wdc/w_wdc_135_00.jpg )
>
> --
> Francesco

Arr, I see it now, I've noticed a couple of the Australian covers have been
redrawn ,perhaps to de-Americanize them.

The cover of the other one(No213) is a little harder to work out, It contains
the first Australian printing of the Barks story "Double Masquerade", but it's
cover is entirely different to the cover of the US first printing of that story
in WDCS#280 which came out at about the same time, so I wonder where they got
the Australian cover art from.

Tony