Magica de Spell's house

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 7 20:21:47 CEST 2001

>>In many of Barks'' and Rosa's stories, it is said and shown that Magica de Spells >>lives in a tiny house on the Mt Vesuvius.
>>Right now, I am reading Barks' WUS 45 : "Isle of Golden Geese", and in it, we can >>see that Magica lives in... Duckburg!
>>Does anybody know why?

One word: plot.
It requires that Magica look for goose eggs and find Scrooge has bought the whole supply. Then she hires the Beagle Boys. It's easier if  she's in Duvkburg.

>>Maybe after all, she moved to Duckburg, or maybe she has two houses???

Could be.
I'm not sure. Isn't it the same in the story where she takes the appearance of  the Mayor after tying him up (and to approach him she lloked like Scrooge)? What story is that?

Best wishes to all,
Olivier