A little correction , Don...

joe gouldIII joegouldiii at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 22:30:11 CEST 2001

...Since " a cat may , indeed , answer back to a Duck
Man..." - Actually , Don , I am VERY much aware that
Western does not own any rights to Disney ( , or WB ,
or Walter Lantz , or 40s B-western stars' ) copyrights
, and , I think you'll find that , my original posting
did NOT state that .
  Indeed , as far as properties widely used/successful
in comic books in NA , Western owned:
  The semi-superhero/adventure properties you alluded
to ( Turok , Magnus , etc. ) .
  " LITTLE LULU " - originally , I guess , owned by
one " Marge " , its original creator , but , purchased
by Western - John Stanley being rather " The Carl
Barks Of Little Lulu " , I'd , also , classify other
LL-related and Stanley-created things ( Witch Hazel ,
OG Whiz ) here .
  Other stuff .
  I am rushed for the computer now , and , must log
off now , but , I WAS NOT operating under the
assumption that Western's company-owned properties
were the same as Dis. , WB , etc . You read my earlier
posting wrong .