DCML digest, Vol 1 #651 - 16 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Sep 3 10:43:10 CEST 2001

DAN:

> I sincerely hope you are not going to use a piece of fiction written by Mark
> Twain as evidence of a genuine tragic occurrence.

I merely wanted to point out that under Greek law you cannot become your
own grandfather, arguing that this is a good thing, given that Twain
argues that this is a bad thing by making the circumstances under which
one can become one's own grandfather part of a fictional suicide note,
rather than, say, an award. I certainly did not interpret Twain's writing
as a true account of a suicide!
--
	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)