Mau Heymans & inkers

Simo Malinen malines at iobox.fi
Fri Sep 14 13:10:29 CEST 2001

HARRY:
> BTW, Peter Collé did the inking directly on Heymans' pencils.
> The pencils are still visible (if not on the scan, then
> certainly on the original). Heymans also tends to correct
> his pages after inking (also adding some details and background
> lettering). You could say that the inkers of Heymans are his
> "subcontractors".

You could also say that every inker tends to add something
of their own to the pages they ink. Every inker is having
own kind of personal style. I took some scanns about Mau
Heymans stories having various inkers. If looking at those
scanns we might note that also inkers are effecting to the
final artwork - no matter how directly on the pencills the
inking job has been done.
Note also how also May Haymans' own style has changed during
the years.

All these stories below were pencilled by Mau Heymans, story
codes, inkers and the first publication year in Holland are
mentioned:

H 90135 - inked by MAU HEYMANS (1991):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_90135_1.jpg

H 93066 - inked by JAAP STAVENUITER (1993):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_93066_2.jpg

H 93154 - inked by BAS HEYMANS (1994):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_93154_2.jpg

H 94156 - inked by MAU HEYMANS (1995):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_94156_1.jpg

H 94210 - inked by JAAP STAVENUITER (1995):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_94210_3.jpg

H 95020 - inked by PETER COLLÉ (1996):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_95020_2.jpg

H 96077 - inked by FRANS LEENHEER (1997):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_96077_1.jpg

H 98163 - inked by MAU HEYMANS (1999):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_98163_4.jpg

H 98015 - inked by Comicup Studio (1998):
http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/h_98015_1.jpg

BTW - Somehow recently I have started to realize how good
artist Mau Heymans actually is. I mean it.

 - Simo

_ _ _
Joka viikko uusia loistavia soittoääniä ja logoja osoitteessa www.iobox.fi!