Notre-Duck

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Sep 17 10:42:22 CEST 2001

Olaf:

> the Notre Duck Cathedral
> is presented to be located in Duckburg. I don't remember
> quite sure what the
> story said - I always thought the story was ment to be
> located in France,
> but when I concider the facts from the story it may must have been in
> Duckburg?

Yes, it must have been Duckburg.

> Anyway, with a cathedral of this size Duckburg M*U*S*T have a lot of
> Christians - maybe it back in the Medieval was a popular
> pilgrim target, in
> the same way as Nidarosdomen in Trondheim?

If Duckburg is American (and most indications are in that direction), then
it's impossible that the Notre-Duck is an original medieval gothic church. I
always considered it a NEO-gothic church, from the 1890s (or early 1900s).
Like a big neogothic church I saw in Washington. Americans are good in
copying old styles.

Anyway, as someone noticed before, the Notre-Duck church has NO religious
marks whatsoever. It's just a big empty building with an organ and some
statues. It almost looks like a very rich American built it, just for fun.

About organs: I think Catholic churches don't have organs, and that they
were introduced in protestant churches after 1570. Is that true? (Just
curious.)

--Harry.