SV: Comic finds

bror.hellman@sodexho-se.com bror.hellman at sodexho-se.com
Tue Sep 25 14:41:47 CEST 2001

> An interesting political work entitled "How To Read
> Donald Duck"...anybody read it?

Dorffman & Matelaart?

Yes, I have it somewhere... Not so significant for a modern
day Disney Comics reader -- perhaps interesting in a historical context.

The book is a political analysis written in the early 70'ies about
translated versions of Barks stories and their political message -
which was very different from the Barks original (in my opinion).

Barks Comics translated and used as propaganda?

Well.. Hope that sort of thing aint going on today...

The book is propably worth the money it cost you as a
curiosity at least.

   // Steamboat Willie