DCML digest, Vol 1 #885 - 12 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Sat Apr 6 22:22:15 CEST 2002

bill wrote:

>>>does anyone have updated information about when another rainbow or someone
else will release "time out for fun," the last barks mini ducks litho?<<<

The last unissued Barks mini litho (or litho of any size) is now in the
hands of Disney, as part of a contractural settlement between Disney and
Bruce Hamilton, who went on to relinquish other business ties with Disney
following the expiration of the Disney comics license with Gladstone back at
the end of 1998. (This took a while to accomplish, and is as near to
"retirement" as Bruce can come, I think.) I have no idea when, or even if,
Disney will release this litho, and I imagine Disney has no idea either. It
is likely to gather dust in an archive for the foreseeable future, though it
might one day be "discovered" and brought out as part of a promotional push
for some major project with a Barks connection.

>>>does anyone have any information about the series of non-disney duck lithos
that barks was working on before he passed on, based upon his animal
quackers illustrations? will they ever be released to the public or has the
project gone away? i know some proofs were pulled of at least two of the
pictures, but nary a word in a while.<<<

I have proof files from the printer of these two prints, just waiting to be
put into a catalog. Thing is, I got them back around mid-1999, and have been
sitting on them ever since. We got very close to issuing them at one point ‹
I think in spring of 2000 ‹ but Bruce hasn't said anything to me about them
in quite some time.

Gary