duckburg continuity

jgarvin jgarvin at bendcable.com
Wed Apr 24 17:07:22 CEST 2002

Rob wrote:
--I believe there is room for many artists changing Duckburg from story
to story, as needed
for innovation--

I wonder how many on the list *really* believe this?  Take recognised
landmarks, for instance, like Scrooge's moneybin.  If I wrote a story
that had it placed in the middle of Duckburg Swamp (instead of on top of
Killmotar hill) because Scrooge built it there in 1918 to save money, do
you really think that readers would just accept this?  What if my next
story placed it in the middle of the Duckburg Desert?  I think the
readers expect a certain amount of continuity, though of course they
will tolerate the money bin being destroyed in one story, just so long
as it is rebuilt by the next.