World of the Dragonlords

Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Fri Feb 8 11:57:08 CET 2002

Fellow Quackeroos:

Back in November 1999, in issue #18 of "I Maestri Disney" dedicated to
Giorgio Cavazzano, there appeared an article by Lidia Cannatella titled
"Cavazzano Fantasy". Therein Lidia described a project under work titled
"Huey, Dewey and Louie--World of the Dragonlords" done for Egmont, scripted
by Byron Erickson and drawn by Giorgio Cavazzano.

This project was supposed to be 12 chapters long and was to involve the
Ducks in an adventure though a magic portal that transports them into a
fantasy world full of monsters and dragons, enslaved in a city-fortress and
separated: uncles on one side and nephews on the other.

Cavazzano was supposed to work on that project until ~May of 2000 and the
saga was supposed to reach Italy not before the end of that year. Not having
seen anything in "TOPOLINO" (I guess that's where this series will appear in
Italy) in the past year, I was wondering if the series has been published in
Scandinavia--if not, then I shouldn't be holding my breath to see it any
time soon in Italy. Does anybody know anything on this project?

Cheers,

Archontis

Archontis L. Pantsios, Ph.D.
Assistant Academic Dean & Professor of Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki--GREECE
Phone #: +30-310-398228