R: World of the Dragonlords

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Fri Feb 8 15:05:18 CET 2002

Daer Archontis...

> Back in November 1999, in issue #18 of "I Maestri Disney" dedicated to
> Giorgio Cavazzano, there appeared an article by Lidia Cannatella titled
> "Cavazzano Fantasy". Therein Lidia described a project under work titled
> "Huey, Dewey and Louie--World of the Dragonlords" done for Egmont, scripted
> by Byron Erickson and drawn by Giorgio Cavazzano.

(...)

> Italy) in the past year, I was wondering if the series has been published in
> Scandinavia--if not, then I shouldn't be holding my breath to see it any
> time soon in Italy.

I was with Cavazzano last week end, with Tito Faraci and other friends to
introduce his brand new exhibition of original artworks, in Milan, and his
catalogue (with his complete chrononology of works, Disney and non-Disney),
compiled with the FUNDAMENTAL IDUCKS' crew support. Incidentally, it was
published by Edizioni Il Penny (by Stefano Bartolomei) and contains lots of
illustrations never printed before.

Well, also for chronology purposes, in the late years I spoke with Giorgio
many times about this story, *marvelously* drawn by him...
Bat the truth is that it was NEVER ended. I think he made something like a
half of the total amount of "Huey, Dewey and Louie--World of the
Dragonlords", around sisxty four-tiered pages. The reason of this is hard to
be explained. I even don't know if the storyline was totally completed, or
if major changements needed to be done when the work was in progress.
I really hope that this big, largely awaited project can go on and that the
story can see the light, in Italy, in Denmark and in the whole world!

Luca