Vote Statistics

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 20:47:21 CET 2002

Hi all

Today I've checked my votes' page, a long long time
after my last visit.
Well, there are a lot of votes in the 10 questions
I've put there!
I'd like to share the results with you. The polls are
still active. Both Greeks and non-Greeks
are voting to the same polls.
Take a look at them at
http://pub10.bravenet.com/vote/stats.php?usernum=841662641

Some *notes* for the results now. All the results are
in the link I've wrote before:

For question 1:
"Which is the best Don Rosa's story?"

Well, Don's Lo$ series is still on the top in Greece.
When Komix started the publishing of
the Lo$ in 1996, I never believed that the series will
be so popular after 6 years :-)
So, 49% of the votes go to Lo$ (total 213 votes) and
15% to the "Guardians of the Lost
Library" (my favourite one-part story by Don)

For Question 2:
"In your opinion, who is the best duck artist?"

As I've expected, Don Rosa is no.1 duck artist in
Greece. Komix is handling his stories very
good, with superb colouring, articles etc.
So, 43%  of the votes go to Don Rosa (total 216 votes)
and 34% to Carl Barks. It's interesting
that Giorgio Cavazzano took more votes (12%) than
Romano Scarpa (only 1 vote, 0%)

For Question 3:
"How often are you buying Komix magazine?"

46% go to "Always (12 months)" and 17% to the
subscribers (total 216 votes)

For Question 4:
"Choose the best Italian artist"

Well, the answers here confused me a bit. Romano
Scarpa is on the top here with 48% (total 181
votes) and Giorgio Cavazzano is the second best artist
with 25%. So, the best Italian artist
is Romano Scarpa, but he's not the best when he draws
Ducks! Weird! :-)

For Question 5:
"In your opinion, which Disney Magazine is the best?"

Well, since we are in Greece, Komix is the best
magazine on the solar system :-)
Komix: 54%
Zio Paperone: 15%
Picsou: 8%
(total 179)
In my opinion, Picsou has good stories but too many
ads and non-disney-related articles and
matterial. But IT IS a nice magazine.

For Question 6:
"Do you like Don Rosa's stories which are based from
Carl Barks older stories
(like the "Return to Plain Awful" or "Return to
Xanadu")?"

And yes, Don's sequels are victorious :-)
72% of the votes go to "Yes" and only 17% to "No"
(total 184). I love these kind of stories,
which are equal (or even better) to Carl Barks' first
original stories.

For Question 7:
"Which story do you want Komix to publish soon?"
Well, 33% go to "All of Them", then "Quest for
Kalevala" takes 25% (total 157).
"The Quest for Kalevala" will be published in Komix
this year, after the summer period, between
September and November's issues. That's for sure, I've
asked a Komix editor :-)

For Question 8:
"Which character is your favourite one?"
The rich, tightwad Unca Scrooge took 52% and Donald
34% (total 155). I was expecting the opposite results,
since Donald is the most popular disney
character.Mickey took only 4 votes (3%).
Maybe Scrooge will be the favourite character in
Greece in a few years, who knows?

For Question 9:
"Which stories do you like most?"
I love the really BIG stories (like Lo$ or some
italian ones)! 47% vote for the "really big
ones" and 42% for the "big ones" (total 103)

And for Question 10:
"Choose Don Rosa's best Science-Fiction story"
Well, that's a topic that a Komix-reader started in
the letters-column 1-2 years ago. Both Komix
and the votes here agree: The "Matter of Some Gravity"
is on the top with 22%. The "Universal
Solvent is too close, with 19% (total 72).

These polls are about 1-1½ year active. For more
details look at the page and vote if you want :-)
Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece
E-mail: komixgreekpage at yahoo.com