Disney Hachette Presse & Picsou

jlbovet jlbovet at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:16:03 CET 2002

Hi,

Fabricio Grellet wrote
>Does someone knows what kind of stories are published in France?

Here is a summary of the 4 main Di$ney publication in french:

* Picsou magazine: every month, A4 format, 200 pages, Reprint of mainly
Barks, Don Rosa stories. Very few new stories. Some articles about
non-Di$ney work like movies, ... .Also lots of advertissing (27 pages in
December...)

* Super Picsou Geant: every 2 month, A4 format, 300 pages, publish mainly
new D-coded stories, 1-2 new H-story or I-story, reprint 1-2 old stories,
Couac

* Mickey Parade: NEW VERSION every 2 month, 22.5cm x 14.5 cm format (very
strange as the top of the page is generally not used...), 300 pages, publish
mainly new I-coded stories, 1 Michel Souris story (only know in France, I
think), 1-2 D-story and reprint 1-2 old stories.

* Journal de Mickey: every week, A4 format, nearly 50 pages, 2-3 stories,
here the main F-coded stories are published. Lots of articles about
non-Di$ney work.

>Does anyone here know an editor from there?
Not me, but perhaps Francois Willot knows an editor?

Archontis
>In the very near past it was very exciting getting PICSOU:

OLIVIER
>very little text in the so-called "articles", when there is it's only a
very few simplistic sentences.

I agree with all this, the other stories that where re-printed (mainly
Barks) have been published in France 10-20 ago.

Two examples:
- They said that Don Rosa was inspired by the Strobl story (WUS 50) to
reconstitute the drawing of the scene when $crooge gets his first dime WITH
NO indications about Carl Barks facts.
- In Picsou 358 (where  "Beagle vs Money Bin" is printed), they said that,
in the "Don Rosa world", there are only 6 (six) Beagles Boys. But if we read
the story, we saw at least 7 beagles boys (176-xxx, and 2 176-716 -Don Rosa
bug-). They don't read the story that they publish!!!

If I remember well, as the redactor changed, Don Rosa have lost the contact
with the Picsou Magazine team, so no more pin-up drawing and great articles.
I think that the quality of Picsou is now very low, is it worth buying only
if there is a new unpublished story.

> You know, the good French Disney magazine actually seems to be Super
Picsou Géant.

The latest Mickey Parade was great!

Jeannot