Disney Adventures vol 12, no 2 (March 2002)

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Fri Feb 22 08:19:25 CET 2002

I picked up a copy of this magazine on a whim
in the checkout line, and since it is (right
now) the only source for Disney comics in the
USA, I thought I'd tell everyone about the
contents:

1) The Hall Monitors (untitled), JZ622, 1 page.
Story and art by Jim Paillot. Not a Disney
property; copyright Jim Pallot.

2) Disney's Tall Tails (magazine-style gag
cartoons with Disney characters), JZ621, 1
page.  Writing and art by Glenn McCoy.  Donald
and Mickey appear.

3) Stitch in "A Smashing Success!", JZ627, 4
pages. Story by Michael Stewart. Art by
Giovanni Rigano. Art assist by Dario Clabria.
Stich is from this summer's upcoming animated
feature, Lilo & Stich.

4) Lilo in "Back to the Beach!", JZ628, 4
pages. Story by Michael Stewart. Layouts by
Giovanni Rigano.  Pencils by Anna Merli.  Inks
by Maria Elena Naggi. Art assist by Dario
Clabria. Lilo is from this summer's upcoming
animated feature, Lilo & Stich.

5) Peter Pan in "Hooked!", JZ624, 3 pages.
Story by Michael Stewart. Pencils by Steven
Butler. Inks by Jim Amash. Features
characters (Jane, the octopus) just introduced
in Return to Neverland (in theatres now).
Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, Smee and the rest
of the pirates also appear.

6) Spy Kids in "F.A.N.G.S. a Lot!", JZ626,
4 pages. Story by Steve Behing. Art by
Christine Norrie. Not a Disney property;
copyright Miramax Film Corp.

7) Cinderella in "Wand Fine Day!", JZ625, 2
pages. Story by John Green.  Art by Steven
Butler. Intended to promote Cinderella II,
coming soon to video.  Gus, Jaq and the
Fairy Godmother also appear.

8) The Last Laugh (a gag feature that always
closes the magazine) "Celebrate These Little-
Known Pet Holidays", JZ620, 1 page.  Written by
John Green. Art by Charly La Greca.

--

Shad Z.                      ^Q^
(ShadZ at rocketmail.com,ShadZ at email.com,Jackalope7 at go.com)