"inextricable" Tio Gilito

Santiago Garcia Banhos sgarcia at external.uf-isf.es
Tue Jan 15 10:30:05 CET 2002

Fabio:

>Years later, when we begin to read the editions from Chile we did known to
>Scrooge like Tio Rico. I prefer this to the inextricable Tio Gilito from
>Spain (!!!!???)

Well, "inextricable" or not, I'll tell you that in Spanish versions, few
names have been translated: Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie & Goofy (among
many others) remain the same. But notice this fact: other personages have
been named with an ACTUAL SPANISH NAME. I mean, $crooge is "GIL PATO"
(nicknamed Gilito), which in fact *is* an actual surname + name. And the
same goes for "NARCISO BELLO" (Gladstone Gander), and this fact encourgages
me to meet someday someone with one of these names. Be sure I'll ask'em for
an authograph! ;-)

Greetings,

Santiago.