Disney comics facts

Ari Seppi mani at iki.fi
Tue Jan 15 20:43:06 CET 2002

Harry:
>I think, with the way the Disney world currently works, you'll have to
>accept that YOUR stories are not YOUR stories anymore, the moment you
>deliver them to the publisher.

This reminded me of the question that disturbed my thinking in
"Where Scrooge lives" discussion, which might have made my
messages a bit confusing to read. A philosophical question:
who or what decides what are right answers to these questions?

Naturally an easy answer would be the works of Carl Barks,
Al Taliaferro and co. But Barks, for example, wasn't very keen
on consistency. Did he wanted others to follow his facts?
(I have a feeling I have heard his answer to that question,
but my memory fails me.)

Another thing is that all Disney comics belong to the
group of Disney comics. Even if a story said that Scrooge
lives in Europe or that Norway is a part of Europe, it
still is a Disney comics story. Can we say that in
Disney comics X is the only truth, when there are stories
that imply Y being a correct answer as well?

Finally, to avoid death threats I emphasize that this is
purely philosophical question. In practise it is easier,
more morally correct and [other descriptive adjectives]
to use Barks answers for questions about Barks
characters when the answers are clear and so on.

--
Ari Seppi (mani at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/