DCML digest #806

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Jan 18 00:35:39 CET 2002

From: bi442 at lafn.org Rob Klein
not
believe Barks gave her a name.

I first resurrected that name in my Duck Family Tree as part of the creation
of my "Lo$". It is the name used for Grandma in an obscure old issue of
WDC&S in the back-up feature (not the main DD story) where we see her
looking in a photo album of her baby pictures (labeled "Elviry", the rural
pronunciation of Elvira). If you say other people are now following that
resurrected name, that's nice.

From: per-christian.bjelke at telenor.com
tremendously when the stories are badly (or wrongly) colored. Reading Rosa
stories last night I noticed that the hair-bundle in Scrooges coffin (from
his "favourite dog" ;-) had a blue ribbon, while it was referred to as red
in the text. In another story the sky was colored light blue even though it
was clearly night (just lit by lightning). I feel that these things ruins my
experience of the story.

Mine, too!!!

From: Tommi Perkola <matope at uta.fi>
because people remembered the good old Barkses and Murrys,

Okay....

>>>Then came Rosa, kaboom! Duckfans in Finland went
completely nuts, and AA:s prestice began to rise again. Rosa saved AA.

I don't know if that's true, but okay...

>>>Rosa began to draw ...something that will fill the gaps in history
of family Duck. For our surprise, this history was based solely on
Barks' stories,
AA no more supports the older view of Duck universum. Boohoo ;-)

So, read the above and tell me that you are not directly contradicting
yourself. AA readers love the old stories... Don Rosa returns to the truths
of the old stories... AA supports Don Rosa's stories.... "AA no more
supports the older view of Duck universum."  ??? This is why I can't follow
any of the logic in your messages. Sorry!