R: DCML digest #806

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Sat Jan 19 00:52:35 CET 2002

Hi, all!

Don wrote....

> I first resurrected that name in my Duck Family Tree as part of the creation
> of my "Lo$". It is the name used for Grandma in an obscure old issue of
> WDC&S in the back-up feature (not the main DD story) where we see her
> looking in a photo album of her baby pictures (labeled "Elviry", the rural
> pronunciation of Elvira). If you say other people are now following that
> resurrected name, that's nice.

In Italy, IT IS Grandma's name. Even in "stranges" stories, where she's
supposed to be (GULP!) sister of Scrooge, and even of Gideon McDuck
(Scrooge's brother create by R. Scarpa), she's called "Elvira". And the same
Gideon McDuck calls her "Elvira" (he can't call her "Grandma"!!!).
It doesn' matter that Grandma's complete name is NOT Elvira McDuck...
Strange concepts! Indeed, it really seems that frinds of the Italian Mailing
List found the very old story source of this "parental misunderstanding"
(written by Guido Martina: "Andiamo a scuola con...", maybe never reprinted
abroad).

Luca