Scrooge and Smurfs: Don and other comics

Jeannot Lapin jlbovet at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:15:40 CET 2002

Hi,

I just read "A little something special" from Adventurous Uncle Scrooge
McDuck #2 (29 pages) and I have one question:

Page 20 : Blackheart beagle says to $crooge: "A last glass of sarsaparilla
from Coot's soda fountain! You know from old times!"

As we know $crooge prefer nutmeg tea but smurfs ("Schtroumpf" comics by the
belgian Peyo) eat sarsaparilla. That's a reference to smurf.
In some previous message, Don has said that he has read other european
comics like Lucky Luck, Asterix...
As Don like to put references to movies in his stories, I wonder if some
DCML-member can help me to find other reference to non-Di$ney comics in Don
Rosa stories.

Thanks,

Jeannot Lapin