Scrooge's drink and food

jlbovet jlbovet at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:46:52 CET 2002

Hi,

I wrote:
>> As we know $crooge prefer nutmeg tea but smurfs ("Schtroumpf" comics by
the belgian Peyo) eat sarsaparilla.

Don Rosa:
>And did you think that the *only* fluid that $crooge will drink is nutmeg
tea? Of course not. I'm sure he drinks *many* things, especially after his
decades of world travel. In "The Sharpie of the Culebra Cut" I have him
drinking fine brandy with Teddy Roosevelt. And that's good to mention just
on the remote (?!) chance that story is ever printed in America -- that
brandy will surely turn into sarsaparilla in any edition published here.

I just said that $crooge PREFERS nutmeg tea, i.e. that's one of his favorite
beverage.
In 1-page gags by Barks, $crooge also drinks coffee (and pay it half-price).

In the french "The Sharpie of the Culebra Cut", the fine brandy is transated
by "cognac".
He drinks Chicha in this story, but it seems that he doesn't like this very
much...

Other reference to the food & drink of $crooge:
In "Money bin vs BB", one Beagle Boy in the kitchen of $crooge see:
- soup
- nutmeg tea
- stale biscuits-crackers
- we also see the fridge of $crooge: !!!full!!! of freezed food like pizzas,
... Bombonium is there.
Note that he hasn't anything from his garden in his fridge($crooge produces
lettuce - story by Barks- from his garden so why not other vegetables that
he will put in the fridge).
- prunes that 176-xxx will eat...

As I read this story, one questions about the blueprint:
* Why an elevator? Sometimes we see $crooge using stairs, but I don't
remember seeing an elevator in the money bin.

Thanks to Don Rosa for his previous answer,

Jeannot Lapin - who doesn't drink alcohol and is looking for references to
non-Di$ney comics in Don Rosa story.