The Junior Woodchuck Guidebook -- how private is it?

Arne Voigtmann ArneVoigtmann at gmx.de
Mon Jul 22 21:03:23 CEST 2002

lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:

> at the end of "Return to Plain Awful", HDL left a copy of the guidebook for
> the Awfultonians to read!  The implication was that the next time we see
> Plain Awful, the residents there will all be organized into Junior
> Woodchuck troops.

I think they left a copy of the guidebook because they knew that the
Awfultonians would never leave their city and use it for any bad
purpose.

> And then in "The Curse of Nostrildamus", all of us
> readers get to see a page of the Guidebook with the picture of
> Nostrildamus wearing his necklace with the locket, and Scrooge must have
> seen this picture, too, so he could know what to look for, as HDL did
> not go with Scrooge and Donald in this story.

I think they showed him just the picture and didn't let continue him
reading.

> I thought it would be really wild if we had an on-line website version of
> the guidebook for all of us fans of the Junior Woodchucks to use!

I'm working at a (German) website (http://www.don-mcduck.de) in the moment where I'm collecting all the
entries of the guidebook which Don Rosa has mentioned anywhere in his
stories. Unfortunately it's a very big project (because of some other
regions on that website like a character guide and detailed
information about Don's stories) and it would take a long time to
translate everything into English. But maybe I'll do that when having
finished the website in the far future.

Arne.