KOMIX #170

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jul 29 07:47:38 CEST 2002

Here's what's in this month's issue of Komix:

* Cover by Carl Barks, from the September 1949 issue of Walt Disney's
  Comics and Stories. I have put a scan of the cover at
  http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis/pics/komix170.jpg
* Two pages of letters.
* Three pages with "the news of Komix". Among the articles, there is
  one about a new Italian series called "X-Mickey", inspired by the
  X-Files, and one about two French Canadians [I think this is incorrect],
  Achde and Laurent Gerra, who will be taking over from the late Morris,
  producing new adventures of Lucky Luke, who will be moving to Quebec!
* Carl Barks' "The not so Ancient Mariner", from the September 1966
  issue of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories. (WDC 312-01)
* A four page article, titled "Especially Dedicated!", subtitled
  "Young and veteran artists honor Carl Barks".
* Carl Barks' "Wailing Whalers", redrawn by Daan Jippes. (H98239)
* Carl Barks' "Hang Gliders Be Hanged", drawn by Vicar. (D6886)
* A one page article titled "Details and Searches", subtitled "Don Rosa
  comments on the story _And Eye for Detail_.
* Don Rosa's "An Eye for Detail". (D94121)
* "The Flying Rock Mystery", written by Carl Fallberg nd drawn by Jack
  Bradbury, from the October 1958 issue of Mickey Mouse. (W MM 62-01).
--
	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)