Barks/Rosa Space-rocket

Willem Hajenius willem.hajenius at ping.be
Sun Jun 2 20:03:08 CEST 2002

From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." <sigvald4 at yahoo.no>

> In Don Rosa's "Attack of the Hideous Space Varmints"
> Scrooge & Co are using a space-rocket which seems to
> have appeared earlier in a Barks-story. Can anyone
> here tell me what Barks-story that is?

Perhaps you mean the rocket from Barks' "Island in the Sky"? That one appeared almost exactly in
Rosa's "Rocket Reverie". (only lacking the part with the door trough which one of the nephews enters
the craft at the top of page 4) Its name, translated from the Dutch edition, was "Airfish
Spacecoach". (and second-hand, of course!)

Actually, it's quite funny that the "spaceships of the future" that were designed in the past, are
now (in that future) regarded as ancient designs!

Alexander Hajenius.