spelling and grammar

Theresa Wiegert f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 3 12:06:56 CEST 2002

Stefan:
> > As a result of this, (I think) the Kalle Anka partiet was risen.
> [...]
> > Kalle Anka partiet has been voted on in the "real" election since the
> 70's, I think.
>
> Make that "Kalle Anka-partiet."

Oh, I'm sorry..... ;) I am writing in english (English, I *know*!) , so
then there is a swedish word involved in that way, it's easy to spell it
englishly (which is not a real word either, but I like making up new
words, as long as people understand me)

> > There are plenty
> > of people voting on it every year in the real election,
>
> Make that "every 4th year."

Well, I meant every time there is an election! Of course, this one might
be a bit hard to understand. Should've written "every time"...

But I wish the dcml doesn't have to be a spelling and grammar
competition. I guess I should've just ignored this, it's just that
spelling and grammar is a big concern for me too, so I just wanted to
justify myself... Anyway, this is all highy off-topic, and I'm sorry for
that.

(besides, if everyone has to spell perfectly, it's a bit hard for those
from countries where English is not the second language in the same way as
in Sweden, to dare to write messages to the list! So let this list be a
little more liberal. And if there are comments on my imperfections, please
write to me directly, instead of bringing it on the list!)

--
/Theresa, who now will try to become a bit more humble.... :)