Brazilian Disney Comics

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 23:24:02 CEST 2002

>"I don't like it 'cos I never tried it!" (I don't know if
>this is the exact wording of the famous (beer?) ad, but coincidentally,
>there's a Fethry story built around that one!)

Sorry for quoting myself, but I think this is interesting, especially as
Brazilian Disney Comics were a topic recently:

Entering "I don't like it" into the sensational COA keyword search, I found
this story: http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/B+73064

But I'm about 90% sure that the story I was referring to is this one:
http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/S+73196

Both were drawn by the same artist and it seems to me that the story I read
in the German Donald Duck pocket years ago is just a remake? Interestingly,
Mickey and Goofy were thrown out of the second version, so as not to annoy
oversensitive European readers who can't cope with the idea of both Mickey
and Donald living in Duckburg!

Maybe even the same drawings were used for the second version with just a
few alterations... Was it / is it quite normal for Brazilian artists to
rework their comics for foreign markets?

Frank