LVD's debut in print

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:21:46 CEST 2002

Thanks, David, for your lively description of the Taliaferro Sunday page
of September 24, 1961.
Everybody please excuse the nitpicking, but I still want to find out which
was published first, the Sunday page or this HDL story:
http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/W+DG+++49-03

Francois suggested that the Dell Giant was published one or two months
earlier than October, but I always thought that INDUCKS/COA give the first
possible publishing date. For example I know that US 35 (published
during the same time) had the date "September-November" on the cover, but
INDUCKS only says "September".
Does anybody know exactly about the publishing habits of Dell in those days?

Frank

BTW, before I forget it: Researching the release date for "An Adventure In
Color" (LVD's film debut) online, I was surprised to find a whole site
dedicated to Ludwig, which is especially interesting for some songs
included:  http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/4591/