Gottfredson reprints

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 16 14:29:40 CEST 2002

>From: "Cord Wiljes" <cord at wiljes.de>

>That is cruel, you know? Telling me of an abandoned Taliaferro edition.
>But I fear it would not have sold enough. A similar project here in Germany
>a few years ago was put on ice after three issues.

Four issues, actually. Better than nothing at all, IMO.

>Just a few days ago
>I ordered a huge edition with Al Taliaferro sundays from Italy - even
>though my only knowledge of the Italian language comes from 7 years of
>Latin in school ;-)

Never mind, most of the gags work visually and I don't think it's a
hindrance not to understand the words...

>I put great faith in the future of digital media. I hope to see all the
>great
>strips of the past in digital form to be read on an eBook display.

It's not the same feeling as having a comic in your hands, isn't it?  <:-(
But let's dream on: For a "Gottfredson Library", a complete "Taliaferro
Library" and a "Scarpa Library". And, for the nostalgics, a "Murry Library"
etc. etc. etc.
;-)

Frank