Taliaferro strips

Francois Willot cacou661 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 19:14:36 CEST 2002

>>In these strips, Donald tries to take advantage of
>>American indians by selling them various useful (and
>>unuseful) objects.
>
>Strange. No war related topics then? No nazis or ugly

>Japanese soldiers at all?

No. At one time, Donald tries to sell clothes to an
indian, but the indian in question doesn't like the
clothes Donald shows him and says he wants a "war
suit". Then, we see Donald making a deal and the
indian wearing suits for base-ball players thinking
it's for soldiers.

In the strips, the general impression is that Donald
doesn't care much about making a fair deal but wants
to make as much money as possible by whatever possible
mean, using the maladjustation or credulity of the
indians. He acts like a crook (although sometimes not
a very good crook).