The phone rang...

Theresa Wiegert f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 17 15:42:50 CEST 2002

... and a girl wanted to give me a discount on a subscription for Kalle
Anka.
Salesperson: "Hello, I am blabla, are you the mother in the house?"
The: "weell, not really.... " (not feeling very motherly at the moment,
for my birds perhaps, but nothing more)
S: "No?"
T: "I live by myself."
S: "???? How old are you?"
T: "26..."
S: ah, ok, (very unsure and wooops, who am I phoning, really?) well, you
seem to be in one of our lists of persons to call about
subscriptions... (must try anyway!) Do you read DD sometimes?
T: Of course I do! I love DD!
S: (stunned silence) Aaaah.... ok.... OK! But then I have
a very good offer for you...
(goes on for a while about 15 % off, for 11 weeks and so on)

So, are we that unusual? :)

--
/Theresa, still laughing