I need help with Portuguese and Spanish names

Santiago García Baños sgarcia at uf-isf.es
Tue Jun 18 16:37:26 CEST 2002

Hello, Sigwald and David:

This is Santiago, from Spain:

The Spanish names David told are OK. These are the others:
a) Downy O'Drake (Scrooges mother): (No translation given, AFIK)
b) Malcolm McDuck (A McDuck ancestor): (No translation given, AFIK)
d) José Carioca:
	In Spanish: José Carioca
	In Portuguese: Zé Carioca
f) Drakeborough (The old name of the Duckburgarea): (No translation given,
AFIK)

David:

>GIL PATO or TÍO GILITO? Of where that name came out? If there is some from
>Spanish in the list,  would request him, than did me the great favor of
>explaining to me if "GIL" has some special connotation in Spain.
No, it hasn't (As Far as I Know, once again). I just really like the name of
GIL PATO (TÍO GILITO as nickname) because it is an actual person name (GIL
is an actual name and PATO is an actual surname). So, I suppose there must
have been somebody actually named GIL PATO. And the same goes for NARCISO
BELLO (Gladstone Gadner).

Santiago.