Teleportation (to Harald (Off-Topic))

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Wed Jun 19 09:27:03 CEST 2002

ME:

> According to this link, the scientists are Austrian.

And then I stumbled upon
http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?category=Sci-Tech&story=/news/2002/06/17/teleport020617

Which talks about a group of *Australian* scientists, who announced on
Monday that they had managed to teleport a beam of light. There is a
reference to previous work by "two European Groups", who I guess were
the Austrians in the previous article that I mentioned. I guess both
Austrians and Australians can be proud of their scientists!

According to this group's head researcher, teleporting a human will be
difficult, which suggests that he does not believe it to be impossible!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The trouble with time-travel is one never seems to find the time."
-----