Stranger Than Fiction

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:28:07 CEST 2002

>From: "Gerd Syllwasschy"

>On the other hand, I tend to think that the editors would have prefered to
>confine their cuts to a single place if possible. Otherwise it would have
>meant too much extra work for the layouter.

Sounds logical to me. So let's agree that the cuts were made in page 8 and 9
of the surviving version. I'm not sure though if the bottom half of page 9
was left untouched, as you suggest. My aesthetic sense is slightly disturbed
by the fact that only HDL and the psychiatrist can be seen fleeing, but not
the police, who deserve it as well. And don't all good things come in
threes?

BTW the "sloppiness" of Barks' art in the early sixties, as I called it, is
of course due to his heavy workload at that time, having to do all the
Grandma and Daisy stuff. Just in case anybody felt offended.

Frank